Asalamualaikum and hi Madre lovers. Hope everyone is doing good.So let’s take a guess what’s behind today’s entry?
Nowadays, many children tend to be feed by gadgets instead of creative activities by their parents. As much as the internet is useful for learning, parents should also conduct creative activities at home, as it helps to improve their communication skills and tighten the relationship between the family members.
Reminiscing the old days that most of us used to had, many of us helped our parents with house chores at home during the weekends. Worry not, it is never to late to have cooking and baking session with your kids at home.
So, here are some of the recipes that you can try at home with your children:
Mac and Cheese
- 250 cooked macaroni
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 450 milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese grated
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- heat butter in a pan then add plain flour to it.
- Add some black pepper and cook on low heat for a minute.
- Then add milk and mix well.
- Add cheddar cheese.
- Lastly add the drained pasta to cheese sauce and stir well.
First, we need to make the dough!
Ingredients for Pizza Dough
- 3 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water, lukewarm not boiling
- 2.5 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for rolling dough
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp olive oil
Next, sauce and topping for pizza!
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce
- 2 cups shredded pizza mozzarella
- 20-30 slices pizza pepperoni
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Add yeast and water to a large mixing bowl, stir once to active yeast and leave it for 5 minutes.
- Add flour and salt then mix it until a dough is formed. Add some olive oil and mix until well combined. Leave it for 10-15 minutes and cover with a teal towel so it will rise.
- While waiting for the dough, don’t forget to preheat for oven!
- Get a baking sheets and lightly dust with flour
- Divide the dough into 2 parts then roll out to a floured surface.
- Put all the ingredients for the pizza and lastly drizzle with olive oil
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, you may garnish with fresh basil if you prefer!
Super easy recipe for breakfast!
- 1 cup self-raising flour (sifted)
- 1 tbs sugar
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 3/4 cup milk
- 50 g butter (melted)
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Which flour and sugar, bet in the egg then add milk a little at a time until the batter is smooth.
- Brush butter over cooking surface and pour 1/4 cup measures for each pancake .
- Lastly, when large bubbles form on the surface, flip pancake over and cook the other side of the pancake.
You can also put many types of toppings, like nutella, biscoff, peanut butter or in its traditional way which is butter and honey!
So that’s it for today’s entry, these 3 recipes are must try because it is super easy and you will enjoy doing it with your kids.
Have fun cooking with your kids, Madre lovers!
Till next time! <3