Hello Madre lovers, it’s been awhile!
Salam Syawal yang ke-17.
Our raya this time around might be differrent for many of us, we could not go back to our hometown to visit our parents and relatives and there’s less ‘kampung vibes’ we had here in our place especially when we were cooking our own raya dish at home!
However, we should always be grateful that we are still able to celebrate raya with our family even though in a small group.
Ever since MCO started, many of us tend to be a chef at home, there were many dishes and desserts posted on Instagram every single day! Sooo if you’re still in raya mode, try out this simple chocolate chip recipe at home!
- 115 grams (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 50 grams (1/4) castor sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 210 grams (1 1/2 cup) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 150 grams (1 cup) chocolate chips/ milk compound
- Beat the butter until it’s soft, then add brown sugar and castor sugar. Do not put everything in a bowl and mix it, put one ingredients little by little. You can just use whisk to mix it.
- Add egg and vanilla extract.
- Add flour and baking soda, you can simply fold it by using a spatula!
- Lastly out chocolate chips or milk compound.
- Freeze for 1-2 hours
- If you want to have it in a big size, you can use ice-cream scoop, but if you want to be tiny and easy to eat, you can spoon out your cookie dough and roll into balls using your hand!
- Last step: to the oven the cookies go! 180° for 10-12 mins (depending on your oven) Do not forget to preheat your oven before baking 😉
P/s: Please follow the SOP stated by the government, wash your hands regularly and take care of your health.